Sorry for the title, and now you’ll have that song stuck in your head forever and ever. My apologies 😉
Ah, another week, not many left in 2015, but we are in the here and now and it’s time to embrace what little left we have for the year. I recently had some job progress with a few interviews so PLEASE CROSS ALL EXTREMITIES SO I MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE AT ADULTHOOD AGAIN! << I’d really appreciate that as much as possible. With that said, I’m trying to stay positive and also something fun to give a little back with what I can.
*image via Pinterest, Buzzfeed article
For all the craziness that goes on, I slowly am trying to remember that we’re all worrying about things, we all are succeeding, we’re all failing at something, we do this daily and it’s important that we have a little faith to get us through our worst times. Even if we feel like we’re at rock bottom (yeppppppp *waves to everyone up above*) we can be thankful for what we have and how we’re handling that.
« ALSO – PLEASE SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING «
A small gesture can make a world of difference
Source: Little Girl Who Lost Her Parents Wants Christmas Cards
TL;DR ^^^^ I urge everyone to read this link and send this beautiful, brave girl a Christmas card this year!! I can’t wait to send her one (my cards are pretty awesome this year) and I know she will love it!
Her address is:
P.O. Box 6126
Schenectady, NY 12306
Have a great week everyone and hope you’re all enjoying the holidays!
Side note: I was recently on What Sarah Read’s blog for her Home For the Holidays feature! Check out my post and go read some of the other awesome bloggers sharing their holiday favorites and classics!
xo Linz aka The Kid
Taking on this idea of #MondayMotivation, I wanted to put my own spin on things because I need some hardcore motivation. I feel like overall my brain never stops and by doing this I become overwhelmed and paranoid and this is clearly problematic. It’s problematic because I don’t accomplish anything. At that point I start to realize this, I get frustrated, then the stream of tears start and I want to curl up into a ball and hope that in my next life I become a domesticated pet who just eats and sleeps all day.
So in order to get myself in gear I’m starting to face some perspectives:
- Next week is December. DECEMBER, PEOPLE!! Where did 2015 GO?!!
- 2016 is the year I turn, *gulp*, 30. Yes, 3-0. I’m terrified (see above’s first paragraph of how things are right now)
- Because of item #2, my health needs a vast improvement…mentally and physically.
- Stop waiting and start doing. Like #1 states, it’s already almost the end of the year, and I’m going to officially get a start on it…for 2016 that is!
- These all lead up to something new I’d like to try…
I tend to do this thing on Twitter where I tweet because I’m so overwhelmed I need the pick-me-up or my need to vent, but I have a habit of tweeting in a sort of “Oh, woe is me”. It’s not cool. Who knows how many people notice it or if they don’t. Again, probably my paranoia, but I want to take this and turn it into a positive.
The Instagcollage photo I made represents all my current traffic jams (clockwise from top right):
- I need to start appreciating the little things. I get so heavy with what I don’t have that I can’t remember what I DO have! It’s so crazy and very important, not because Thanksgiving is days away–granted, that shouldn’t be the only time you reflect what you’re thankful for, but it’s something that’s a good reminder.
- Sure I don’t have that job that the chick I lightly stalk on social media because she has my dream EVERYTHING, and I would love to switch places with her in a heartbeat, but I can’t and I won’t because there’s probably something else she could very well look at in my life and think the same thing.
- do what you love is much easier said than done. I don’t know how some do it. I don’t know how they harness the power to overcome so much and become successful. I’m unsure of how to reach my true potential and I fear this more and more every day. What’s hurting me most is that I focus on this too much and I need to just take what I can get even though this is tough to swallow because I think the best I can be is doing something that I absolutely love and have passion for. This is what gets me in trouble because I don’t know how to accomplish it, and the more time I pretend I can do it, the more time I lose because I’m getting nowhere.
- extravert, sensing, feeling, judging. I really need to look at the qualities I already have and put them to good use, put that positive spin and go with it. These are my Humanmetrics Jung Typology Test results and I don’t know what to do with them.
- my health and wealth. My friend ran her first marathon yesterday and I felt sad I wasn’t running with her. While I’m nowhere near her pace when it comes to running or have her dedication, this was the first race I watched and didn’t participate in. My 5Ks are cakewalks now. Do they still feel like they’re the longest runs ever? Meh, I have some days where it’s nothing and some days where it feels like forever. I’m out of shape. I only have one half marathon under my belt and I’m not okay with that. Forget about what running does to my body physically, mentally it does help me feel stronger because it’s one thing I have achieved before that makes me feel good. My diet is another thing that 2016 has to be ready for. If I want to run my marathon, I at least want to lose 50 lbs to get there. I need to feel lighter and be lighter, my body will thank me for this in the long run.
After all this is said and done, my new idea is that I can’t get myself down. Things have to change. What’s important is that I recognize this and starting small counts. For every time I feel the need to post my “Oh woe is me” I want to try and find an inspirational quote and hopefully I will start to get that motivation ball rolling that I so much desire. Let the first motivationally speaking commence!